Classical Chinese includes the written language based on the spoken language of the pre-Qin period. Following the changes of the times, diversified grammar and vocabulary have been developed across different eras or regions. Therefore, the classical Chinese and the written vernacular Chinese are very different, which makes many students feel very difficult when they study classical Chinese.
Is classical Chinese really difficult? It may be true for students who lack practice or are less exposed to classical Chinese. In Hong Kong's education system, studying classical Chinese is compulsory. The classical Chinese curriculum in the senior secondary school will be deeper and cover wider scope. As a consequence, if you want to study classical Chinese well, you must start getting in touch early. Students who begin to study classical Chinese in the fifth and sixth grades of elementary school will learn the classical Chinese faster and better than other students.
- The length of the classical Chinese text is shorter, which is easier for students to interpret classical Chinese
- Interesting language stories and games are in place
- Develop students' classical Chinese reading comprehension and appreciation analysis skills
- Cultivate students' interest in Chinese traditional culture
- Classical Chinese reading practice (from the pre-Qin and Han dynasties to the modern Ming and Qing Dynasties)
- Learn classical Chinese grammar
- Learn classical Chinese vocabulary
- Acquire cultural knowledge and literary knowledge
Course Date and Time
5:00 - 6:00 PM
To apply, please Whatsapp
or Call +852 3155 2688
Conrad College is a charity and not for profit. All proceeds will be donated to individuals in need.